This is a hard time for the travel industry and travelers alike.
The global impact of coronavirus (COVID-19) is affecting travelers everywhere with canceled flights, route changes, and travel advisories. With coronavirus (COVID-19) now declared a global pandemic, we cannot help but think of all those I know and care about around the world, including you, whom I have had the privilege to serve. I recognize that these are uncertain times, and want to make sure you know we are here to help.
In an effort to help my clients stay informed with the most up to date information I have pulled together the information included in these pages and will work to keep them updated as things change. I have included information by each cruise line below with links to additional information. Click on the + sign to expand for the details for each line.
Cruise Line Voluntary Suspension Periods (As of 3/24/2020)
|Cruise Line||Start Date||Current End Date|
|Regent Seven Seas|
|Emerald - USA||3/14/2020||4/30/2020|
|Emerald - Canada||3/14/2020||4/30/2020|
Many cruise lines are implementing temporary safety precautions. You may be denied boarding based on the criteria below.
- 1 – Age, especially requirements for travelers 70 and older
- Boarding will be denied to any person age 70 or older unless the guest provides written verification from a qualified treating physician that certifies the person has no severe, chronic medical condition and is fit to travel. Look for the "Fit to Travel" links beneath the cruise line headings below. Not all cruise lines have these forms readily available.
- 2 – Existing severe or chronic medical conditions
- Boarding will be denied to any person with a severe, chronic medical condition, including those specified by the CDC.
- 3 – Any underlying health issues
- Guests of all ages will be screened prior to boarding regarding underlying health issues that may prevent them from sailing. Secondary, enhanced health screenings will be performed.
- 4 – Recent travel to specific countries
- Any person who has traveled from, to or through mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, or South Korea 15 days prior to embarkation.
- Any person who has come in contact with anyone with 15-day prior travel to mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau, Europe, Iran, or South Korea. The CDC characterizes contact with an individual as coming within six feet (2M) of a person.
- Any person who within 15 days prior to embarkation, has had contact with, or helped care for, anyone suspected or diagnosed as having COVID-19, or who are currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure to COVID-19.
- For Caribbean Itineraries Only: The above parameters will also include Japan, Singapore and Taiwan, along with travel or contact occurring 21-days prior to embarkation.
Please read below for policies and travel advisories from our cruise line partners: